Friday, April 01, 2005

Something or Nothing

The good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth what is good; and the evil {man} out of the evil {treasure} brings forth what is evil; for his mouth speaks from that which fills his heart. (Luke 6:45)

There is a hymn that says, “Not a step will I take without Jesus.” This is a desire that we all have but I personally take too many steps without Jesus. The key to walking with Jesus is to be connected with Him in our heart -- our thoughts. Our actions and our words flow out of our thoughts. Daniel had a prayer time at least three times each day and because of his connectedness to God, he had a tremendous impact. What procedure do you follow to seek to be connected to God? Please, take time to share your ideas. Click on the link that says “Comments”.

My usual approach is to follow a plan to read through the Bible in a year (or sometimes two) combined with being on the lookout for a spark. I like to read until some verse seems “to spark”. In other words, it catches my attention or causes a question mark in my mind. Then I stop and focus on that verse. Many times God will open new meaning or new application of that verse in my life. Often that verse or section will speak to events that are happening in my life, family, church or society and will inspire prayer. We accomplish nothing (or worse) except when we abide in Christ; but, as we walk with Jesus, we eventually see "something" wonderful -- eternal fruit.

Please, share your approach to abiding in Christ. If desired, you can share your comments anonymously. Click on the link at the end of this article that says "Comments".

1 comment:

  1. I like to start a day by at least getting a glimpse of God's Word in "The Daily Light" which is a devotional book of compiled scriptures on a certain theme. This has over and over been so encouraging to me. Then hopefully I can read some from the "One Year Bible" and pray through a prayer list and praise God some. I am continually amazed at His help and encouraged when I take a little time to hear what He has to say.

    ReplyDelete