Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Kevin and the Rock

Recently, on an airline flight, I met Kevin. He is in his middle thirties. As we talked, he spoke of his wife, one small son and another child on the way. Our conversation turned to heaven. He felt that it existed and was a gift to children but that adults got there by being “responsible”. Church was an experience that he had a few times as a child. Kevin admitted that he had a need in himself and his family. By the time we landed, he had promised to get a Bible and begin reading the New Testament with the goal of doing what it said. I'm praying that he keeps his promise because, if he does, there will be a new warrior and his family in God's Kingdom.

And why call me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?

Am I only hearing Jesus teachings or am I actually doing them?

Whoever comes to me and hears my sayings, and does them, I will show you to whom his is like: He is like a man which built his house,

My family is my house.
And dug deep,
Do I genuinely dig deep into God’s Word? Do I actually read Scripture daily and beg God to reveal how it applies to my own life?
And laid the foundation on the rock: and when the flood arose, the stream beat vehemently upon that house,
One or more tragedies and crisis’s will come into the life of every family. Mine is no exception. The flood will come.
And could not shake it: for it was founded upon a rock. (Luke 6:46+)

Let's build on the rock of hearing Jesus and doing what He said.

May God give us hunger for every Word that proceeds from His mouth and grace to put it into practice. (See Matthew 4:4 and Luke 4:4)

No comments:

Post a Comment