Saturday, November 13, 2010

The Three P's

I wonder how often I've missed opportunities to follow Jesus as Lord because I was afraid to lose something of worldly value? Once our family was invited to serve in an orphanage in Russia. I did not see how we could raise the money and I was fearful about resigning my job. So, I wonder whether I truly sought for God's will in deciding to not go.

  • "they did not enter into the Praetorium in order that they might not be defiled, but might eat the Passover." -John 18:28
There are many churchgoers who are very concerned about how things are done in their church. Are the correct procedures, traditions or doctrines being followed and taught? The religious leaders who brought Jesus to Pilate were very concerned that they not defile themselves without realizing that they were trying to kill the very One who was at the core of their religion.
  • "We have no king but Caesar." -John 19:15
In exactly the same way, we can be focused on appearances and hardly recognize that our life is actually based on "We have no king but Caesar". Instead of being genuinely open to following Christ in our profession, entertainment and thinking, we may only be rationalizing our fear to risk things of only worldly value. When our lips say, "Christ is Lord!", where is our heart? Are we actually open to handing over our position, prestige and pocketbook to the Lover Of Our Soul?

No comments:

Post a Comment