Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Promotion

Luke 3:22 -- "Thou art my beloved Son; in thee I am well pleased."

Dear Son,

You are frequently in our prayers. Even your younger brothers often pray for you. Last week, I was feeling burdened by a challenge I was facing at work. I had two weeks to finish a project and was having difficulty making any progress. So, I sat in a chair in the middle and every one gathered around and prayed for me. Somehow, God got me past those obstacles. But, now I am facing another hurtle with less time. I'm praying for God's guidance and inspiration and, later this morning, I will again ask for everyone here to pray for me. Prayer has been key for your Mom and I over the past 35 years. And, it is the basis of any truly successful life. So, sincerely seek God's strength in prayer to get over the obstacles in your way. Pray for your teammates and ask for their prayers. This is a great time to learn to seek Christ's strength for life.

Even as you begin to see the light at the end of the tunnel, the effort required may seem daunting. But, just like climbing a mountain, the final few hundred feet can be both the most challenging and the the most exhilarating. As you reach the top of this mountain, we will be there to cheer. It looks like much of your family is aiming to come to your promotion ceremony. So, be a leader in seeking God's strength (He's got plenty for you), in manifesting Christ's attitude (loving, cheering and serving) and in overcoming the lies of the enemy (darkness, defeat and death). We're looking forward to seeing you soon.

I love you,
-- Dad

Heavenly Promotion:
And God shall wipe away all tears from their eys; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away. .... He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son. (Rev 21:4,7)

--

No comments:

Post a Comment