Sunday, January 30, 2005

Running, Running, Running


Let us run with patience the race that is set before us, looking to Jesus the author and finisher of [our] faith.

If any [man] will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.--Whoever he is of you that forsaketh not all that he hath, he cannot be my disciple.-- Let us therefore cast off the works of darkness.

Every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they [do it] to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible. I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so I fight, not as one that beateth the air: but I keep under my body, and bring [it] into subjection: lest by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.-- Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but [this] one thing [I do], forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forward to those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. Then shall we know, [if] we follow on to know the LORD.

Project:

  • Consider what challenge currently lies before you and how you can have the right attitude toward it.
  • Briefly think on your past failures only long enough to give them to God and forget them.
  • Commit to seeking God's goals and running His race from now on.
  • Let's make our life goals ones that result in treasure that is eternal and incorruptible.
  • We are all running -- let's commit to running in the race where our running means something.

Heb 12:1,2 Lu 9:23 14:33 Ro 13:12 1Co 9:25-27 Php 3:13,14 Ho 6:3

This collection of Scriptures is from the Daily Light on the Daily path devotional. For a free daily email of the Daily Light [click here] .

No comments:

Post a Comment