Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Thanksgiving

As a family, we especially thank God for sparing our firefighter son, Daniel, from injury or death. At 3 AM on Saturday morning, Daniel was driving the station’s reserve fire engine to a car accident when the unexpected happened. As he drove over a hill and began to brake for the turn at the bottom, the brakes failed. All was dark ahead. But, for some unknown reason, Daniel decided to steer toward the left. While still moving at 30 mph into the dark, the fire truck hit the end of the road, jumped a culvert, shot between two trees and slammed into an embankment. Flames shot up in front of the truck. The fire crew leaped from the engine and suffered their only injuries as they jumped into underbrush composed of mainly briars and thorns. A Sheriff’s Deputy who was already at the first accident scene and standing at the bottom of the hill was also grateful for his life. If Daniel had not steered to the left then the fire engine would have run over the Deputy. So, even though Daniel could not see the trees or the Deputy at the bottom of the hill, they were all avoided. Let’s thank God for this preservation of life, limb and love. We know that God has special plans for each of us and for Daniel. Let’s mix our gratitude with commitment to seek God’s best plans in each of our lives.

Daily Light from that same Saturday morning:

==================================================================
Daily Light on the Daily Path Devotional
Saturday November 20, 2004
http://bible.christiansunite.com/devotionals.shtml
==================================================================

Morning

When I sit in darkness, the LORD [shall be] a light unto me.

When thou passest through the waters, I [will be] with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee. For I [am] the LORD thy God, the Holy One of Israel, thy Saviour.--I will bring the blind by a way [that] they knew not; I will lead them in paths [that] they have not known: I will make darkness light before them, and crooked things straight. These things will I do unto them, and not forsake them.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou [art] with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.--What time I am afraid, I will trust in thee. In God I will praise his word, in God I have put my trust; I will not fear what flesh can do unto me.--The LORD [is] my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD [is] the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?

Mic 7:8 Isa 43:2,3 42:16 Ps 23:4 56:3,4 27:1


No comments:

Post a Comment