Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Tomorrow Seeds

"Take these things away; stop making My Father's house a place of business." (John 2:16)

I wanted to find salvation when I was eleven years old and was baptized. But, my thought life continued in paths of worldliness. The books I read, the television I watched, and the friends I had all encouraged me in a focus on this world with its interests and treasures. So, for over ten more years, I sought the ways of the world and gave lip service to the King of Kings.

"Take these things away; stop making My Father's house a place of business." When Jesus spoke these words, His Father’s house was the temple in Jerusalem. But now, where is the temple of God’s Spirit? If we are followers of Jesus as Lord, then our body has become the temple for God’s Spirit. It should be a place of prayer, worship and rejoicing. But, the world constantly tempts us to make it a place of business or, worse, a den of robbers.

King David also dedicated these to the LORD, with the silver and gold that he had dedicated from all the nations which he had subdued: (2 Samuel 8:11)

This verse about King David reveals that, though surrounded by wealth and power, his focus was the same as when he was a poor shepherd alone in the wilderness. It was this focus in David’s thoughts that originally led to God choosing David to lead His people. The focus of our thoughts determines the direction of our steps and defines who we are. It is absolutely vital that we put God’s Word into our thoughts, hear his truth, and relate to His people. Today, what we put into or allow into our mind and the friends we relate to determine the direction of our thoughts and life. Our thoughts today are the seeds of tomorrow’s harvest.

Project
- Commit to daily focus on God’s Word at the beginning and end of each day.
- Ask God to help you cast the moneychangers out of His Temple.

No comments:

Post a Comment